Undergraduate residence hall fall closing
All residence halls close on Monday, December 19 2022 at 7:00PM
Take valuable items with you. Student MCard access to the residence halls will pause on Monday, December 19, 2022 at 7:00PM
If you have a vacant space in your room or if your current roommate is moving out this term, Facilities staff will be entering your room over break in preparation for new students moving in for winter term. Please make sure your belongings are occupying only one side of the room prior to leaving for term break.
Getting your room ready for Winter Break:
- Close and lock the windows and close any curtains.
Remove all perishables,trash and recyclables from your room.
- Turn off all lights.
Completely close and secure the door to your room.
- Complete the electronic Express Checkout Form.
If you are able, adjust the heater in your room to a lower setting:
Alice Lloyd, Couzens, East Quad, North Quad, Stockwell, West Quad: Set thermostat to “standby”
Barbour/Newberry: Set thermostat to "2"
Mosher Jordan: Set controller to “auto” and the dial to 65
- Oxford: Set thermostat to 65
Unplug all electrical appliances, including power strips and extension cords. Refrigerators would have to be emptied and cleaned. Please leave your refrigerator plugged in.
Term Break Housing
Students need to make alternative housing arrangements during the time period that the halls are closed since students may not access their assigned rooms.
Michigan Housing is happy to offer Winter Break Housing for any student without accommodations for the break period. Please refer to the term break housing information for details such as location, amenities, what to bring, and what services are offered. Requests for Winter Break Housing need to be submitted by November 27, 2022.
Winter Term Move-In
We’re excited to welcome you to campus! Winter move-in for new undergraduate residents starts on Jan 2, 2023 at 3:30pm. The dining halls will be open for dinner that evening.
Please follow the following instructions to make your move-in as smooth as possible.
Complete the pre-check-in form
- Photo ID is required for check-in.
- Mcards are needed for access to the Residence hall. During move-in the external doors to the hall will be open.
- If you don't have an Mcard, you will receive a temporary Mcard at check-in. You will need to pick up your mcard from the Mcard Office in the Student Activities Building.
Check-in at the Community Center in your area to receive your key and directions to your room.
- Moving carts are available for your use.
- If you are unexpectedly delayed and arrive late, follow the posted signs