NEW RESIDENT MOVE-IN
Welcome to the University of Michigan and your new home
EARLY UNDERGRAD MOVE-IN FOR FALL
Select a Time Slot
You will receive an email in advance of move-in that will include information on how to pick your move-in time slot.
We are allowing one guest per resident to assist with the move in process. Please consider this as you are planning your move.
When you arrive on campus, you will find City of Ann Arbor parking meters along the front.
On your move in day:
- Please do your best to arrive during your assigned move in slot.
- Please abide by guidelines for our state and wear face covering if medically able, during the move-in process. If you arrive without face covering, we will provide one for you.
- We will have markers to indicate where to stand throughout the check-in process for physical distancing.
- If you have your Mcard, it will let you into the building.
- If you don’t have an Mcard, staff will be onsite to let you in.
- Please have a photo ID available to assist with the check-in process.
- You will receive your room key and mailbox combination at check-in. We will have blue bin moving carts available to check out at move-in to assist with the process.
- The blue bin moving carts will be sanitized between each use.
PREPARING FOR MOVE-IN DAY
MOVE-IN DAY TIPS
We know the anticipation of move-in can be stressful, but once you arrive, you’ll find plenty of help and support.
- Arrive during your assigned move in slot for a smooth move-in experience.
Curbside street parking is available at City of Ann Arbor parking meters along the front. The bagged meters are for your use.
- Each student may have 1 person accompany them inside the building at a time. More individuals may join in the excitement of move-in day, and can alternate entering the building to be mindful of social distancing. Special needs that require additional move-in helpers can be sent to email@example.com.
- Wear a face covering if you are medically able. If you arrive without face covering, we will provide one for you.
- Maintain six feet or more of personal distance from others. Follow the markers to indicate social distancing throughout the check-in process, and elevator use.
At the community center, you will receive your room key, mailbox combination, Mcard, and have access to a sanitized blue bin moving cart to assist with the process.
- Arrive during your time slot.
Park and display your unloading permit in your car window.
- Check In: Pick up your key and get directions to your room
- Head to your Community Center at 2150 Cram Place during your time slot
- Check in: pick up your key at the community center and get directions to your apartment (If you are using a ride service, ask them to wait for you. You will need a ride to your apartment.
- Drive to your apartment and park in front. Display your unloading permit.
Unloading & Parking
What to Bring
Want to know what to bring? Check out our suggestions on our knowledge base. Please remember If you are living with us, you will have access to ethernet and wireless service in the residence halls. Please do not bring your own routers.
Refrigerator & Microwave Rentals
Shipping & Storage
All Undergraduate Residence Halls
Residence halls are unable to accept packages prior to August 30. You are welcome to bring your belongings when you arrive, as long as you can accomplish all unloading within your one hour time slot. We also offer some other alternatives via John’s Pack and Ship, including in-room delivery of any boxes received by August 15.
Textbooks ordered through the University’s course materials partner, Barnes & Noble, can be shipped for free to their locations in the Michigan Union and Pierpont Commons. Look for a link in Wolverine Access where you find your course schedule.
Due to space limitations, the Community Center at Cram Place cannot accept deliveries or store items for residents during move-in. If you plan to ship items, we suggest
- Shipping to John’s Pack and Ship (and they will deliver to your apartment directly) or
- Scheduling delivery to arrive after you move into your apartment so you can personally accept the package/s.