Michigan Learning Communities
When academics or personal interests intersect with the living environment, students grow and learning is enhanced. The University of Michigan offers a variety of residential living/learning programs that allow students with similar interests or goals to live and study together in community and to meet students from other countries, cultures and backgrounds.
Many of these Michigan Learning Communities are housed in the University’s residence halls and provide a smaller, more intimate environment for the exploration of a specific field of study. By thinking, studying, living and learning with others who share and understand their aspirations, students can maximize both their academic and personal experiences at Michigan. Each of the programs listed here is associated with a U-M academic department. Complete details can be found on each program's website.
- Global Scholars Program
The Global Scholars Program prepares sophomore, junior, and senior University of Michigan students to be interculturally competent global citizens, champions for meaningful change and innovative leaders of tomorrow.
- Health Sciences Scholars Program
For students interested in exploring a broad range of career opportunities in the health fields.
- Honors Program
Offers special depth and academic challenge to highly motivated students in the College of Literature, Science and the Arts.
- Living Arts
Brings together students and faculty in engineering, architecture, the visual and performing arts and other fields to explore innovation, creativity and collaboration.
- Lloyd Hall Scholars Program
Students interested in writing and the arts can explore their creative passions through composition, the visual arts and cultural and social involvements.
- Max Kade German Residence
Sophomores, juniors and seniors: Learn and practice German in an informal setting, attend cultural events and even travel to Berlin, Vienna, Munich or Hamburg.
- Michigan Community Scholars Program
For students with an interest in community service and a commitment to academic excellence, civic engagement, diversity, leadership and social justice.
- Michigan Research Community
Offers first-year students all the benefits of a UROP research partnership with a faculty member in an area of their choosing, as well as a small, diverse and supportive residential community.
- Residential College
A small LSA four-year program that offers an engaging student community with an emphasis on languages, writing and the arts.
- Women In Science and Engineering Residence Program
A community of students with academic and career interests in the sciences, technology, engineering, mathematics and health fields.
- Housing Options
- Applications, Rates & Policies
- Dining & Meal Plans
- Undergraduate Programs & Services
- Community Facebook Pages
- Academic & Technology Support
- Residence Hall Community Centers
- Northwood I, II, & III Community Center
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Community Living at Michigan (CLAM)
- Laundry Locator
- Michigan Learning Communities
- M Lead Academy and Move-in Program
- Repairs & Maintenance
- Residence Hall Government
- Resident Advisors
- Solicitation & Canvassing
- Undergrad Space Use Policy and Reservation
- Sustainability & Green Living
- Theme Communities
- Graduate and Family Programs & Services
- Conferences & Summer Camps
- Transportation, Parking & Maps
- Health & Safety
- News & Events