The Transfer Year Experience (TYE) is a community designed to support the transition of transfer students from their previous institution to the University of Michigan. TYE allows transfer students access to a community where they feel immediately at home, learn to navigate campus resources and build intentional and lasting connections.
Living in a community of other transfers, residents of TYE are able to quickly connect over shared experiences and learn from each other’s individual strengths. Housed within the Northwood III Apartments on North Campus, residents of TYE will have easy access to many U-M campus resources including dining halls, fitness centers, classes, and nature.
“The people are all super friendly and willing to help each other.”
Past engagement opportunities have included:
- Time Management Workshop
- Video/Board Game Nights
- Navigating Your Involvement Workshop
- Ben & Jerry’s Pint Party
- Weekly Study Tables & Snacks
- Workshop on How to Leverage your Transfer Experience During the Job Search Process
- Transfer Community Dinner
- To be determined
- Transfer Students
- Participate in welcome activities
- Participate in programs and events
- One-on-one meetings with ResStaff
- Complete the online Michigan Housing application.
- Indicate your interest in the Transfer Year Experience.