Transfer Year Experience (TYE) is a community designed to address the transitional needs and concerns of incoming transfer students. The programming provided to residents of this community offer assistance in navigating the U-M campus and help students build intentional and lasting connections with others. Residents of TYE will live at Northwood III, an apartment complex dedicated to undergraduate residents and located on Michigan’s North Campus. Meal plans are optional for TYE residents.
- Transfer Students
- Participate in welcome activities
- Enhance intercultural knowledge and competence
- Explore academic careers and goals
- Develop a deeper understanding of personal and civic responsibility
- Coordinate programs with ResStaff
- Actively participate in Northwood III’s Community Council
- Run for a position on the Northwood III Community Council.
- Build intentional and lasting connections with others in the residential, campus, and local communities.
- Cultivate a greater awareness of personal beliefs and values.