Skip to main content

Undergraduate Contract Reassignment

Contract reassignments are useful when you would like to discontinue living with Michigan Housing.

Unfortunately, we cannot release students from a contract for the purpose of moving off-campus. However, you may attempt to reassign your contract to another eligible student. Before and during the Fall Term, contracts may only be reassigned to newly admitted students.

Fill out the Housing Contract Reassignment form below to offer a contract reassignment. You must be signed in to fill out the form. If a student finds your offer, they are responsible for making contact with you and discussing the details. You should then contact the Housing Information Office to request contract reassignment paper work. Please include the name and UMID of the enrolled student who would like to take over the contract. The forms must be filled out completely, submitted and approved by the Housing Information Office.

A few things to note:

  • You can only reassign a contract to someone of the same gender as you, as that is the gender designation of that particular space.
  • Making offers of monetary compensation, incentives, or rewards in a contract reassignment ad is strictly prohibited. Such offers will be removed before posting, the ad may be removed from the bulletin board, and the student may be barred from submitting ads in the future.
  • There is no guarantee that you will be successful in making or finding a contract reassignment.