Sustainable Living Experience (SLE) is dedicated to providing an inclusive and immersive environment for students to develop lifelong leadership in sustainability and environmental justice. SLE welcomes students regardless of academic focus and aims to foster a culture of sustainability across all of campus. Towards this end, SLE integrates sustainability programming and learning opportunities into the first year college experience and functions as a community of engaged learners and sustainability leaders. The cornerstones of SLE community programming are:
- Sustainable Community
- Experiential Learning
- Engaged Citizenship
SLE offers residents unique learning, leadership and engagement opportunities. Previous SLE programs have included:
- Educational trips such as retreats and service learning
- Mini-grants for sustainability projects
- Campus Farm visits and workdays
- Food preparation workshops in the community kitchens at Oxford Houses
- Sustainability trivia and other social events
- Designing and maintaining the SLE perennial edible garden
- Opportunities to return as student leaders within SLE
Questions about the program? Visit the SLE Web site.
- First-year students
- Second-year students
- Participate in welcome activities
- Participate in programs and events
- Participate in community and sustainability projects
- Play an active role in building a sustainable community
- Enroll in 2 credit SLE Seminar in both fall and winter semesters
- Complete the online University Housing application.
- Fill out the Theme Community application (link below!)
- Indicate the Theme Communities that interest you (up to 2) on the application.
- Fill out the essay questions for the Theme Communities that interest you.
- Submit your Theme Application by the deadline.
- Status of application will be given throughout the month of June.