Chicken Broccoli Bake
Broccoli, chopped fresh or frozen 1 lb.
Chicken Breasts, diced 12 oz.
Margarine, butter or oil 2 Tbs.
Onions, diced 2 Tbs.
Flour 2 Tbs.
Water 3/4 Cup
Chicken Bouillon Granules 1 tsp.
Sour Cream 1/2 Cup
Whipping Cream 3/4 Cup
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Parmesan Cheese, grated 1 1/2 Tbs.
Bread Crumbs 1 Tbs.
1. Steam broccoli for a few minutes — do not overcook.
2. In a saucepan or skillet sauté the diced chicken until done. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine and sauté onions until
translucent. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes.
4. Combine water and bouillon. If using a bouillon cube, heat water slightly
so that cube will dissolve. Add water and bouillon to saucepan. Heat,
stirring constantly, until it is thick.
5. In a separate bowl combine the sour cream and whipping cream. Add some
of the hot liquid to it to temper the cream mix.
6. Add cream mixture to remaining hot liquid and blend thoroughly.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste. Gently simmer mixture for 5 minutes.
8. Gently fold in the cooked chicken meat and the cooked broccoli.
9. Place mixture in a casserole dish. Top with combined bread crumbs and
10. Bake in a 325-degree oven until the top is lightly browned and mixture is
bubbly. Do not overbake, or mixture will separate.
11. Serve over rice.
Developed for Residential Dining Service by Chef Steve Meyers