For those of you planning to remain in the residence halls, we offer the following clarifications about this process:
- We have not required anyone to leave by 8:00 am this morning and your key card access to your current facility has been maintained.
- Students remaining in Northwood 1, 2, 4 and 5, the Lawyer’s Club and the Munger Graduate Residences will reside in their currently assigned rooms.
Students will be provided with appropriate living arrangements following physical distancing recommendations. For safety reasons, students may need to leave their existing rooms but will be living in single occupancy rooms.
- Boxed meal service will continue from Michigan Dining.
- The Maize and Blue Pantry will also remain open to provide students on campus with additional food and other personal item resources.
- For those moving to new locations assistance will be provided to minimize impact on students.
- Housing staff members will be contacting you directly today to confirm your status.
For those of you planning to leave campus and go home, now or in the future, you should follow express check-out procedures at your community center:
- If you’ve already completed the form linked in the previous message, you do not need to repeat that step.
- If you have gone home and left items behind in your room, we would like to be helpful by arranging to pack and store your belongings. We will be contacting you individually about those arrangements. If you prefer to come back and pack your belongings yourself, you will retain access to your room through Monday, March 23 at 5:00 p.m.
- If you are wishing to go home and need resources or support to accomplish this, emergency financial assistance is available from the Dean of Student’s Office located on the third floor of the Michigan Union. Staff members on call can be reached at 734-764-7420.
AVP, Student Life