701 East University Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1245
After a yearlong renovation, East Quad will reopen for the 2013 fall term. This co-ed residence hall is located on Central Campus and is home to the Residential College, the Michigan Community Scholars Program, the Gender-Inclusive Living Experience, and a total of approximately 850 undergraduates. Nearby points of interest include the South University shopping area and the U-M Schools of Business, Education, and Social Work.
Quick Facts & Features
East Quad is one of Michigan’s heritage halls and serves as a living/learning center for its residents.
- Newly renovated bathrooms and student rooms (singles and doubles)
- Wireless, high-speed Internet throughout
- State-of-the-art Community Learning Center (CLC)
- Community Center with spaces for gathering and studying
- New infrastructure including plumbing, electrical, heating and ventilation, fire suppression systems and air conditioning
- Dining hall with seven restaurant concepts and seating for 340
- Java Blue café
- Keene Theater
- Art gallery
- Music practice rooms
- Game room
- Classrooms and seminar spaces
- Abeng Multicultural Lounge
The East Quad renovation was part of the university’s Residential Life Initiatives, a planned capital project launched in 2004 to improve on-campus living and dining facilities and to strengthen the connection between living and learning.
See what East Quad was like back in the day. Visit our U-M Housing Alumni Facebook page and choose East Quadrangle.