Solicitation Table Use Guidelines and Online Application
Requests must be submitted two weeks in advance of the dates desired.
Once an application is submitted, the requestor will receive, within 7 days, an email indicating status of the request.
- Please note that conducting a survey of students is not allowed in University Housing at these solicitation tables.
- Hall Councils and students living in the residence halls have first priority for table availability.
- The exchange of cash or credit card information for sale of merchandise is prohibited.
- Participants must remain at the table. If they leave to approach students, they will be asked to leave the building.
- Food and beverage products from any vendor other than Michigan Dining Services are not permitted in the residence halls. Note that Michigan Dining Services' availability may be limited pending the availability of the requested items, staffing levels, and timing of the event.
- Participants are expected to adhere to the Community Living Standards as noted in the Community Living at Michigan site and/or The Student Code of Conduct.
- Requests are typically approved for a two-week period for a maximum of two days per week per community. Solicitation table use is limited between the hours of noon and 8:00 pm. Pending an individual community's previously scheduled use, availability may be limited.
- Samples of the material(s) to be distributed must be submitted for review prior to approval of table use. The sponsoring organization's name and contact information MUST be included and plainly visible in the materials.
- Applications submitted to the University become University record and, as such, may be subject to public disclosure. Complaints about any activity addressed in this policy will be referred by the University to the contact person as stated on the application.
- Individuals or organizations who violate any University policy, and/or employ any form of deception in the completion and submission of necessary University Housing application materials or who misrepresent their activities or services in their communications with any University personnel or resident, will be prohibited indefinitely from future activities in any University Housing Residential area and any permissions already granted for activity may be revoked.