Diversity and Inclusion
Living in a residential community is an exciting and enriching opportunity, and we’re working to see that every student feels at home in a safe, inclusive, and welcoming environment. We work through the values/philosophies of Social Justice, Inclusion, Diversity, and Restorative Justice to foster residential communities that encourage relationship building, personal growth, and academic success. Diversity Peer Educators and Multicultural Councils offer support and education to help all students thrive in vibrant and engaging on-campus communities.
To help promote understanding and maintain a positive and supportive environment within the residential communities, our staff and students present films, lectures, workshops, exhibits and other activities that enhance cultural awareness. Along with staff members who specialize in diversity education, each residential community also has a multicultural or minority-cultural lounge to provide a safe space for underrepresented students and to encourage growth and learning.
To talk to a professional staff member in Diversity and Inclusion, please contact us.
If you are a current resident looking to contact your Diversity Peer Educator, please visit your community’s Facebook page.
Diversity and Inclusion within University Housing has a longstanding tradition of partnering with other University offices, units, and departments.
- Program on Inter-Group Relations (IGR)
- Office of Student Conflict Resolution (OSCR)
- Expect Respect
- Dean of Students (DOS)
- Change it Up!
- Growing Allies
- Spectrum Center
- Mulit-Ethnic Student Affairs (MESA) & Trotter Multicultural Center
- Trotter Multicultural Center
- International Center
- Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD)
- Association of Religious Counselors (ARC)
- Office of the Ombuds
- Housing Options
- Applications, Rates & Policies
- Dining & Meal Plans
- Undergraduate Programs & Services
- Community Facebook Pages
- Academic & Technology Support
- Residence Hall Community Centers
- Northwood I, II, & III Community Center
- Diversity and Inclusion
- First Year Experience
- Community Living at Michigan (CLAM)
- Laundry Locator
- Michigan Learning Communities
- M Lead Academy and Move-in Program
- Repairs & Maintenance
- Residence Hall Government
- Resident Advisors
- Solicitation & Canvassing
- Undergrad Space Use Policy and Reservation
- Sustainability & Green Living
- Theme Communities
- Graduate and Family Programs & Services
- Conferences & Summer Camps
- Transportation, Parking & Maps
- Health & Safety
- News & Events