Martha Cook Building
Martha Cook Building is an all-female residence hall comprised of first-year through graduate students. The community is rich in traditions and culture and is located at the heart of Central Campus. It offers traditional living in an historic building.
Please see below for some great information about Martha Cook. Also be sure to visit the Martha Cook Building website for additonal information, and view photos in our Facebook photo album. Alumna? Find the latest news and events about Martha Cook on the Student Life website.
How to apply
As a first step in becoming part of the Martha Cook community, fill out this interest form. Within the interest form you will be asked if you would like to be considered for a scholarship.
Additionally, students interested in living in Martha Cook are required to apply through University Housing. Learn how to apply by visiting this page on University Housing's website.
For rates, please visit this page.
The Martha Cook Handbook contains additional information that residents should know.
The 2017-2018 residents of Martha Cook have the opportunity to apply for a limited number of Room & Board "Gap" Scholarships of $1,300.00 each (split between Fall and Winter terms). This scholarship is based on financial need. To be considered for an award, and after the Interest Form is completed, the applicant is required to provide her Financial Aid Award letter. To submit the award letter and if you have questions about the scholarship, please contact the Martha Cook Director of Student Engagement and Alunmae Relations, Marion Law.
- Houses approximately 140 female residents
- Offers a traditional residence hall experience, including:
- Weekly sit-down dinner
- Friday teas
- Special dinners
- ResComp site including computers, printers and scanner
- Two community lounges
- All residents will participate in one service project per term and in one House meeting per term
- Most meals will be eaten in the Martha Cook dining room
Front Desk Hours
|Regular Front Desk Hours|
|Monday through Friday||9:00 am||10:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am||10:00 pm|
|Sunday||11:00 am||8:00 pm|
The Martha Cook Building was built in 1915 and has always been an all-female residence hall.
906 South University Ave., Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1195
T: 734.763.2083 / F: 734.764.9918
- Housing Options
- Undergraduate Housing
- Single Graduate Student Housing
- Family Housing
- Gender-Inclusive Housing
- Off-Campus Housing
- Students With Disabilities or Additional Needs
- Applications, Rates & Policies
- Dining & Meal Plans
- Undergraduate Programs & Services
- Graduate and Family Programs & Services
- Conferences & Summer Camps
- Transportation, Parking & Maps
- Health & Safety
- News & Events