Martha Cook Building

Undergraduate Housing options »

906 S. University, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1195

T: 734-763-2083 / F: 734-764-9918

The Martha Cook Building is an all-female residence hall comprised of first-year through graduate students. The community is rich in traditions and culture and is located at the heart of Central Campus. It offers traditional living in a historic building.

Martha Cook currently has a few openings for Winter term 2018. To let us know if you are interested in Martha Cook Housing for Winter 2018 or next Fall term, please email

How To Apply

    As a first step in becoming part of the Martha Cook community, fill out this interest form. Within the interest form you will be asked if you would like to be considered for a scholarship.

    Additionally, students interested in living in Martha Cook are required to apply through University Housing. Learn how to apply by visiting this page on University Housing's website.

    For rates, please visit this page.

    Quick Facts

    • Houses approximately 140 female residents
    • Offers a traditional residence hall experience, including:
      • Weekly sit-down dinner on Sundays
      • Friday teas
      • Special dinners
    • Kitchenettes on 2 floors
    • ResComp site including computers, printers and scanner
    • Two community lounges
    • All residents participate in one service project per term and in one House meeting per term
    • Most meals will be eaten in the Martha Cook dining room
    • An MDining meal plan designed specificially for Martha Cook residents is your ticket to what may well be the best collegiate dining in the nation. Please visit this page to learn more.
    • The Community Center is the heart and hub of the residential community. Please visit this page for more community center information. 


    The 2017-2018 residents of Martha Cook have the opportunity to apply for a limited number of Room & Board "Gap" Scholarships of $1,300.00 each (split between Fall and Winter terms). This scholarship is based on financial need. To be considered for an award, and after the Interest Form is completed, the applicant is required to provide her Financial Aid Award letter.  To submit the award letter and if you have questions about the scholarship, please contact the Martha Cook Director of Student Engagement and Alumnae Relations, Marion Law.

    Some other exciting information:

    Be sure to see what the Cookies have to say on their page, and view photos in the the Facebook phone album. The Martha Cook Handbook contains additional information that residents will find interesting and should know. Alumna? Find the latest news and events about Martha Cook on the the Alumnae site.

    University Housing is a unit of Student Life, and an equal opportunity educator and employer.

    For housing related questions, please contact University Housing.
    Phone: (734) 763-3164