How to Apply – Single Graduate Students
You are eligible to live in U-M’s Northwood Community Apartments if you are:
- An enrolled graduate student,
- A Ph.D. candidate actively writing a dissertation,
- Paying tuition at the U-M Ann Arbor campus, or
- Enrolled for six or more credit hours for two out of three academic terms or actively writing your dissertation (with verification from your faculty chair).
Newly admitted students to the University can expect to receive application information according to these timeframes:
- Winter term: early November
- Spring/Summer/Fall terms: late March
Currently enrolled single students who want to live in University Housing prior to June 16, 2017 should email email@example.com from your U-M email account to request an application.
Please include your U-M ID number in your application request. Once your eligibility is verified, the application access will be emailed to you. Assistance with the application is available by contacting the Housing Information Office.
Currently enrolled single students who want to live in University Housing after June 16 should email firstname.lastname@example.org mid-March to request an application.
Looking for a Contract Reassignment?
- If University Housing is unable to offer you a contract and you still wish to live in Northwood Community Apartments you may consider assuming another resident’s contract by means of a contract reassignment.
- You must be eligible for the apartment you want. If you already have a contract with University Housing, you cannot participate in a contract reassignment.
- If you are interested in a contract reassignment, you are responsible for contacting the resident whose contract you wish to assume.
- There is no guarantee that you will be able to successfully obtain a contract through this reassignment process.
Single graduate students may choose to rent individually or share an apartment. You may select a roommate of your choice or we can assign a roommate to you.
If you select a roommate, you and your roommate must submit your applications at the same time. On the application, both roommates' choices regarding apartment type must match. Contract start dates do not have to match but must be within a 30-day period. If you do not submit an application with a roommate, one will be assigned to you.
Need a Roommate?
University Housing offers an Online Roommate Board for single graduate students who would like to share an apartment in Northwood Community Apartments. This optional feature is provided to help you connect with other U-M graduate students who are also looking for roommates. Place your advertisement now.
- Housing Options
- Applications, Rates & Policies
- How To Apply
- Undergraduates - Rates & Billing
- Graduate Students & Families - Rates & Billing
- Contracts, Policies & Procedures
- Dining & Meal Plans
- Undergraduate Programs & Services
- Graduate and Family Programs & Services
- Conferences & Summer Camps
- Transportation, Parking & Maps
- Health & Safety
- News & Events