LiveFit is a community open to first-year students passionate about living a healthy and active lifestyle. Residing in LiveFit offers residents opportunities to learn about nutrition, the intersection of wellness with diversity and inclusion, and provides access to curated resources for living a holistically well life while attending the University of Michigan.
Conveniently located across the street from the newly remodeled North Campus Recreation Building (NCRB) and within walking distance of many forms of public art and nature, the LiveFit Theme Community is set up to encourage engagement and learning in and out of the residence hall to experience all that the University has to offer.
Residents are encouraged to:
- Take a moment to meditate in the Pierpont Commons reflection room or share an afternoon picnic with friends at Fred’s Fountain and Reflection Pool or the Wave Field.
- Attend stress management, mindfulness or sleep workshop hosted on the LiveFit floor by Wolverine Wellness.
- Play walleyball (a fast-paced version of volleyball) or take a fitness class with floormates at the nearby North Campus Recreation Building.
Whether residents are on the Athletic Training track in Kinesiology, planning to study Gender and Health through LSA or they’ve been accepted into the School of Nursing, LiveFit is a community where relationships thrive out of shared interest and where a personal passion can be linked with a career goal!
- First-year students
- Participate in programs and events
- Complete the online University Housing application.
- Indicate the Theme Communities that interest you (up to 2) on the application.
- Fill out the Theme Community application attached to the Housing application.
- Some Theme Communities require a short essay. The essay questions are on the application.