Skip to main content
Housing and COVID-19: the latest public health guidelines and testing information.

Dining Services

Use of Dining Services

  • Most student contracts with M Housing include both room and board meal service. For complete information about meal plans, nutrition services, and accommodations for religious observance, visit the Michigan Dining website
  • Residential students on board plans must present and swipe their Mcard (University of Michigan ID card) at the dining hall entrance before entering the dining hall for a meal. Individuals may not lend their card or transfer board plan meals to any other person. Allowing unauthorized use of meal plan privileges may result in cancellation of meal privileges without a refund, additional charges and referral to the M Housing Student Conduct Resolution Process. Information about buying meals for guests is available in dining and meal plans on the Michigan Dining website or at any Mcard Office.
  • No one may bring food or drink into the dining halls or use dining hall equipment or supplies to prepare or consume food or drink not supplied by Michigan Dining. Additional policies govern what items may be taken from the dining halls. Information is available on the Michigan Dining website.