Eligibility for Undergraduate Housing ResStaff Members
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 without rounding is required. Candidates who fail to meet the minimum GPA requirement will not be eligible to continue in the selection process. New hires who fail to meet this requirement at the end of Winter Term will no longer be eligible for a staff position. Incoming transfer students will be asked to present their transcripts from previously attended institutions.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to notify the Resstaff Selection team at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any special circumstances (e.g. incompletes, grade changes, etc.) that may influence your cumulative GPA.
ResStaff members are expected to maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher throughout their ResStaff employment, each term and cumulatively.
- The Residential College will be consulted for confirmation of academic good standing for all Residential College applicants.
- Courses selected as pass/fail or credit/no credit will be counted only toward meeting the 36 credit hour requirements; they will have no impact on GPA.
- Housing Student Conflict Resolution, Housing Student Employment Work Record, University Records, and Office of Student Conflict Resolution records will be checked to determine if an applicant is eligible to be hired for a staff position.
- ResStaff in Undergraduate Housing must be pursuing an undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan, and be able to commit to the full academic year - both fall and winter terms.
- ResStaff appointments are for 1 academic year. Students who desire to return to ResStaff for subsequent years are required to participate in an application, interview, and evalution process annually.
Resident Advisor & Peer Academic Success Specialists - Upper Level Communities
In addition to the requirements outlined for all applicants above, all undergraduate RA & PASS-UC applicants must achieve the following by the end of the Fall 2016 Term:
- Completion of 3 Fall and Winter semesters
- 36 credit hours of college or university coursework, not including credits completed via AP, IB, or college units taken during high school.
Additionally, candidates must successfully complete ALA 421 during the Winter term prior to their appointment beginning
Diversity Peer Educator, Peer Academic Success Specialists - FYE Communities, & Residential Programs Facilitator
In addition to the requirements outlined for all applicants above, all undergraduate RA, PASS-FYE, and RPF applicants must successfully complete ALA 421 during Winter term prior to their appointment beginning
Community Assistant Applicants
More information available winter 2017.
Graduate and Graduate Level Professional Degree Applicants
All applicants in graduate programs or graduate professional degree programs must be registered for Fall Term.
Minimum cumulative GPA of 5.0 on a 8.0 scale, or 5.5 on a 9.0 scale (both without rounding)
Students must be enrolled for 6 or more credit hours, two out of three academic terms or be actively writing their PhD. Dissertation as verified by their faculty chair. Students must be registered for classes and paying tuition at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor campus.
- Housing Options
- Applications, Rates & Policies
- Dining & Meal Plans
- Undergraduate Programs & Services
- Graduate and Family Programs & Services
- Conferences & Summer Camps
- Transportation, Parking & Maps
- Health & Safety
- News & Events
- Move-In: Munger Residences
- Move-In: Northwood Single Graduate and Family Housing
- Returning Resident Housing
- Off-Campus Residents & Late Applicants
- Not Sure? Change Your Mind?
- For Parents!
- Spring/Summer Move-In
- Move-Out: Residence Halls
- Move-Out: Northwood IV & V
- ResStaff Selection
- Residence Education Professional Staff Hiring
- Staff Directory
- Scholar-in-Residence Program
- Move-In Information
- Thanksgiving Day Meal and Bus Schedule