Wait Lists for Residence Halls & Northwood III
If we have a space to offer you, you will receive notification from Housing via your U-M email address.
From the time the email is sent, you have only 24 hours to respond so please review your U-M email frequently.
If you would like to move to a different room or apartment, placing your name on a wait list is another avenue you may wish to consider.
Wait List Process
- The wait list process is available only to students who have current Housing contracts in the residence halls or in Northwood III.
- Use the Apply Now button (which will be available beginning dates listed) to enter your name on the online wait list for any residence hall or Northwood III. Wait list applications are accepted as follows:
- Fall Term 2016: Sept. 13 through 14
- Winter Term 2017: Jan. 5 through 6
- You may submit multiple entries on one form, if you are interested in multiple living spaces.
- Lottery numbers (drawn at the end of the application periods noted above) are used to offer available spaces to entrants within the following priority groups:
- Residents currently living in temporary spaces;
- Residents remaining on the wait list from the previous Returning Resident Housing process;
- Those who want to remain in their living complex (hall or apartments);
- All other residents.
- FALL ONLY: Students who apply for the wait list process after the application period shown above will be added to the bottom of the lottery list in the order their entries are received (the wait list will not be available September 14 thru 16).
- If we have a space to offer you, you will receive notification from Housing via your U-M email address. From the time the email is sent, you have only 24 hours to respond so please review your U-M email frequently.
- If you refuse an offer for a new space, your name will be removed from the wait list.
- Fall wait lists will be active through mid-November. If you wish to continue on the winter wait list, you will need to re-enter the wait list process at the beginning of winter term. Winter wait lists will be active through mid-February.
- If you use the wait list process in a fraudulent way, your name will be removed from all wait lists.
- University Housing reserves the right to make an assignment to a vacant space outside of the wait list process when it is determined that such action is necessary.
Moving to A New Living Space
- If you receive and accept the offer of a new living space, and you complete the required checkout procedures, you will have no further contractual responsibility for the space you leave. Your name will be removed from all wait lists. (Checkout procedures will be emailed to you.)
- If your new space has a different billing rate than the one you are leaving, the new rate will take effect on the day your new assignment begins.
If you have a question regarding the wait list, please contact the Housing Information Office.
- Housing Options
- Applications, Rates & Policies
- How To Apply
- Undergraduates - Rates & Billing
- Graduate Students & Families - Rates & Billing
- Contracts, Policies & Procedures
- Dining & Meal Plans
- Undergraduate Programs & Services
- Graduate and Family Programs & Services
- Conferences & Summer Camps
- Transportation, Parking & Maps
- Health & Safety
- News & Events