Assignment Changes

No Pressure

It is not acceptable to pressure a resident to make a room change, including through offers of monetary compensation or other incentives or rewards. Such offers will be referred to the Housing Student Conflict Resolution process. Room swaps made to circumvent the room swap or wait list processes will be null and void.


If you feel the need to move to another residence hall room or Northwood III apartment there are options you may want to consider: the room swap process, the online wait list, or the contract reassignment process.

The room swap and wait list processes are the only avenues through which a room change may be made and all room/apartment changes must be authorized in advance.

You cannot occupy a space to which you are not assigned, even if the space appears to be vacant (an empty bed in a double room, for example).  Room reassignments are possible at any time during the term and unassigned spaces must be ready for occupancy at any time.

Graduate Students & Families

If you live in Northwood and you would like to move to another apartment, complete an Apartment Transfer Request. We regret that transfer requests for July or August cannot be considered. Non-students are only eligible to transfer to Northwood V.

If you would like to request a transfer of your current contract to your spouse/partner, please submit the form to Request Transfer of Contract to Spouse/Partner.

If you have questions related to an apartment transfer, please contact Housing.

University Housing is a unit of Student Life, and an equal opportunity educator and employer.

For housing related questions, please contact University Housing.
Phone: (734) 763-3164