Apartment Transfer Request
Policies For Requesting An Apartment Transfer
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING THE FORM
- Apartment Transfers are not offered for the months of June, July and August.
- Transfers are considered prior to new applicants (except during the months of June, July and August).
- Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements for any apartment being requested.
- University Accounts must be current and in good standing.
- Submitting this request does not guarantee an offer will be extended.
- Offers for transfers are based on:
- Availability of apartments
- The reason for the request
- The date the request was submitted
- Requests based on an increase or decrease in family size or financial need have priority over transfers based on convenience. If you are requesting a transfer due to pregnancy or an increase in family size, you must submit marriage/domestic partner documentation, medical proof of pregnancy or birth certificate(s) along with this application.
- Non-Students are eligible to transfer to Northwood V ONLY.
- The transfer request will remain active through the duration of eligibility or until a transfer is completed or cancelled by the applicant or by the Housing Information Office.
- If an apartment is offered, you will have 48 hours to accept or decline the transfer. Be extremely specific about all of the requests you submit (e.g. apartment type, area, dates and any other special needs.)
- If an apartment is offered to you and it is declined, your transfer request will be cancelled and you will need to resubmit a new request.
- No transfers are guaranteed. University Housing reserves the right to reject a transfer application for any reason, including but not limited to:
- Outstanding balance on your account
- Contract violations
- Housekeeping concerns or damages to current apartment