Move-In: Munger Residences
You'll soon be living at Michigan!! We are looking forward to seeing you soon.
For contact information and hours, visit the Munger Community Center.
Check can begin at 1pm on Sunday, January 1st, 2017 at the 8th floor Community Center. If you are arriving after 10:00pm, please call the Fellow on duty fo assistance at 734-926-8840. The duty number will be posted at the Community Center and the Thompson Street entrance doors.
Community Center Hours:
Sunday, January 1, 2017: 1:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday, January 2, 2017: Regular Hours Resume (Mon.-Sat., 9:00am-10:00pm and Sundays from Noon - 10:00pm)
If you are moving in after January 1st, you should plan to check in at the Munger Community Center during the hours of operation noted above. If you are checking in after 10:00pm, please contact the Fellow on duty for assistance at 734-926-8840. The duty number will be posted at the Community Center and the Thompson Street entrance doors.
To help us prepare for your arrival, please make sure you have your pre-move-in form (found in Student Web) filled out before arriving at Munger. When you arrive, please have some form of photo identification with you (ex. MCard, driver's license, passport, etc.) and go to the 8th floor Community Center to pick up your key. If you have not filled out your pre-move-in form, you will not be able to pick up your key until it is complete (this can be done on site).
IMPORTANT FOR NEW STUDENTS: To get your MCard, you must go to the MCard office which is located at the Housing Information Office, Room 1011 Student Activities Bldg (SAB), 515 E Jefferson St. and open from 8am-5pm M-F. The MCard is important for getting in the exterior doors as well as entering many of the common space areas. If you arrive outside of 8am-5pm M-F, you can be issued a temporary MCard at check-in which will be good until the following business day, when you should have a chance to go pick up your permanent MCard. Temp MCards can be returned to the Communtiy Center.
Community Center Telephone Number: 764-0145.
In an emergency situation, call Housing Security at 734.763.1131.
Smooth your Move
- Overnight Accommodations: If family or friends will accompany you for Move-In or if you will be arriving after the Community Center closes, we suggest that you make hotel or motel reservations for anyone who plans to stay overnight. Contact the Ann Arbor Convention and Visitors Bureau to learn more.
- Shipping & Storage: You may ship belongings to Munger Residence Hall via any delivery service, including United Parcel Service, Federal Express, the U.S. Postal Service, John's Pack and Ship, or any other delivery service. If you plan to ship items, it is best that you schedule them to arrive after you move in as Munger has limited storage space for large scale deliveries. Note that package deliveries are restricted over the winter break until 11:00am Monday, January 2nd.
John's Pack & Ship
For a fee, this University-contracted vendor can receive, store and deliver packages right to your apartment prior to your arrival. Use of this vendor's services is optional. All transactions are strictly between you and the vendor.
Parking during Move in
Cable TV Service
Please note that cable is digital only and no analog channels are available. A digital TV that is cable ready or a TV or other device with a digital tuner is required in order to receive all channels of the UMTV cable service.
All U-M residential students have access to the ITS standard computing services at no charge. The package includes email, space for file storage and web publishing, printing and more. ITS also provides ethernet and wireless service in the residence halls through a mandatory technology fee. Please note that bringing and connecting a personal wireless router to the network is not allowed.
Cleaning Up and Recycling
Please do your part during Move-In and year round by using the specially designed containers for recyclables such as newspapers, magazines, cans, and bottles. Recycling bins are found in multiple locations in the building.
- Housing Options
- Applications, Rates & Policies
- Dining & Meal Plans
- Undergraduate Programs & Services
- Graduate and Family Programs & Services
- Conferences & Summer Camps
- Transportation, Parking & Maps
- Health & Safety
- News & Events
- Move-In: Munger Residences
- Move-In: Northwood Single Graduate and Family Housing
- Returning Resident Housing
- Off-Campus Residents & Late Applicants
- Not Sure? Change Your Mind?
- For Parents!
- Spring/Summer Move-In
- Move-Out: Residence Halls
- Move-Out: Northwood IV & V
- ResStaff Selection
- Residence Education Professional Staff Hiring
- Staff Directory
- Scholar-in-Residence Program
- Move-In Information
- Thanksgiving Day Meal and Bus Schedule