Move-In: Munger Graduate Residences


You'll soon be living at Michigan!! We are looking forward to seeing you. 

For contact information and hours, visit the Munger Graduate Residences Community Center.



Check-in for contract holders is during regular community center hours. If you are arriving after 9:30 pm, please call the RA on duty for assistance at 734-926-8840. The duty number will be posted at the Community Center and the Thompson Street entrance doors. If you do not have a cell phone, you can use the courtesy phone located on the division street entrance.

Community Center Hours:

Monday through Saturday 10:00am - 9:30pm

Sunday 12:00 Noon - 10:00pm

Before you Arrive

A few tasks before you arrive on campus: 

When you arrive, please have some form of photo identification with you (ex. MCard, driver's license, passport, etc.) and go to the 8th floor Community Center to pick up your key.

IMPORTANT FOR NEW STUDENTS:  To get your MCard, you must go to the MCard office which is located at the Housing Information Office, Room 1011 Student Activities Bldg (SAB), 515 E Jefferson St. and is open from 8am-5pm M-F. The MCard is important for getting in the exterior doors as well as entering many of the common space areas. If you arrive outside of 8am-5pm M-F, you can be issued a temporary MCard at check-in which will be good until the following business day, when you should have a chance to go pick up your permanent MCard. Temp MCards must be returned to the Community Center.

Community Center Telephone Number: 764-0145.

In an emergency situation, call Housing Security at 734.763.1131.

Smooth your Move

  • Helpful Ann Arbor Information 
  • Overnight Accommodations: If family or friends will accompany you for Move-In or if you will be arriving after the Community Center has closed, we suggest that you make hotel or motel reservations for anyone who plans to stay overnight. Contact the Ann Arbor Convention and Visitors Bureau to learn more.
  • Who Moves U?

    John's Pack & Ship

    For a fee, this University-contracted vendor can receive, store and deliver packages right to your apartment prior to your arrival. Use of this vendor's services is optional. All transactions are strictly between you and the vendor.

  • Shipping & Storage: You may ship belongings to Munger Graduate Residences via any delivery service, including United Parcel Service, Federal Express, the U.S. Postal Service, John's Pack and Ship, or any other delivery service. If you plan to ship items, schedule them to arrive after you move in as Munger Graduate Residences has limited storage space for large-scale deliveries. 

Parking during Move-in

There is parking at the curb in front of the Munger Graduate Residences, and the parking structure adjacent to the building is open to the public on the weekend. There is also a public parking structure a few blocks away.

More information

Computing/Ethernet Service

All U-M residential students have access to the ITS standard computing services at no charge. The package includes email, space for file storage and web publishing, printing and more. ITS also provides ethernet and wireless service in the residence halls through a mandatory technology fee. Please note that bringing and connecting a personal wireless router to the network is not allowed.

Cleaning Up and Recycling

Please do your part during Move-In and year round by using the specially designed containers for recyclables such as newspapers, magazines, cans, and bottles. Recycling bins are found in multiple locations in the building.

University Housing is a unit of Student Life, and an equal opportunity educator and employer.

For housing related questions, please contact University Housing.
Phone: (734) 763-3164