Residence Hall Electronic Locks
Undergraduate housing utilizes electronic locksets (card readers) for resident rooms and community bathrooms in all of their traditional residence hall buildings.
Electronic locksets operate with a keycard and include a keypad and PIN function for additional security. Both your keycard and PIN code are required to open your room and the bathroom.
Keep these keycard/lockset basics in mind:
- Always take your room card with you when you leave your room. The doors automatically lock when they are closed.
- You may change the PIN number on your card to a different four-digit combination. Contact your Community Center to locate the nearest keycard kiosk.
- Never write the PIN number on your card.
The lockset on your door uses red and green lights to indicate access status or errors. A complete description of each light pattern is available. Download now.
Keys for Religiously Observant Students
If you need special key consideration, visit the additional needs accomodations section.
- Housing Options
- Applications, Rates & Policies
- Dining & Meal Plans
- Undergraduate Programs & Services
- Graduate and Family Programs & Services
- Conferences & Summer Camps
- Transportation, Parking & Maps
- Health & Safety
- News & Events