Amenities & Utilities
- No security deposit
- No application fee
- Full kitchen (refrigerator, gas stove, garbage disposal)
- Window treatments
- No monthly utility bills (heat, water, electricity and local phone service included)
- High-speed data connectivity
- Abundant athletic fields and community gardens
- Available onsite parking
- U-M and AATA bus service
- 24-hour maintenance services
- 24/7 security
- Community Center
- Live-in staff
- Picnic/barbeque area
Cable service is not provided to student rooms or apartments.
Although the vast majority of our residents use cellular phone services for their local and long-distance calling needs, ITS Networking and Telecommunnications provides several levels of telephone services. For details on what these services include and how to use them, visit the ITS Northwood Net Telephone website. You will need to bring your own handset.
ITS also provides Northwood Net Service for residents of the Northwood Community Apartments (Northwood I, II, IV and V) and Undergraduate Housing (Northwood III). This service uses DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) technology via a CISCO Cable Modem. It is "always on," uses the standard Internet Protocol (IP), and can support various computer platforms (IBM-compatible PC, Macintosh, Unix, etc.) via Ethernet.
Basement Storage and Laundry Facilities
In Northwood IV and V basements are provided for storage and laundry purposes. Because flooding or wetness may occur in basements, we recommend that plastic bins be used for storage rather than cardboard boxes.
Townhouses are equipped with a rental washer and dryer for resident use. If this equipment needs repair, please contact WASH at 1-800-342-5932 or visit their website. If you choose, you may also use the coin-operated laundry facilities located in Northwood I, II or III.
- Housing Options
- Applications, Rates & Policies
- Dining & Meal Plans
- Undergraduate Programs & Services
- Graduate and Family Programs & Services
- Conferences & Summer Camps
- Transportation, Parking & Maps
- Health & Safety
- News & Events