Undergraduates - Rates & Billing
This section provides an overview of the various costs and services associated with living in Michigan’s residence halls or Northwood III apartments.
Undergraduate housing residents can expect charges for:
Residents may also incur charges for these optional services:
- ITCOM Telephone Services
- Parking permits
- Residence Hall Replacement/Repair Costs
- Northwood III Replacement/Repair Costs
- Residence Hall or Northwood III Contract Termination
Billing, Payments & Inquiries
All residence hall contracts, once signed, are legally binding and non-cancelable. Room and board costs and any additional fees are due as follows:
- Fall Term – end of August
- Winter Term – beginning of January
- Spring/Summer Term - beginning of May
Residents enrolled in the University’s Budget Payment Plan will have a different payment schedule.
Charges appear on a monthly Student Account Statement, an ebill issued by the Office for Student Financial Operations. For information about student accounts, payments and schedules or other billing policies and procedures, please contact Student Financial Services.
If you have questions about Housing-related fees, assessments, charges or refund policies, contact the Housing Billing Office.
Student Account Access
Students who would like to authorize parents or others to access their student account may do so at Wolverine Access.
Financial Aid Recipients
Residents may sign up for any room type and any meal plan. However, you will be responsible for covering any costs that exceed your financial aid award notification. Questions related to the room and board allowances in your financial aid package should be directed to the Office of Financial Aid (OFA). See an estimated student budget from OFA.
- Housing Options
- Applications, Rates & Policies
- Dining & Meal Plans
- Undergraduate Programs & Services
- Graduate and Family Programs & Services
- Conferences & Summer Camps
- Transportation, Parking & Maps
- Health & Safety
- News & Events